My solo trip to Bali – Part six

My solo trip to Bali part six – or how we went to a secret beach. (If you didn’t read my previous blog posts and you wish to please click on the text of my solo trip to Bali part one or my solo trip to Bali part two, my solo trip to Bali part three, My solo trip to Bali part four, My solo trip to Bali part five).

Today, I woke up very early as usual because I did not want to miss one minute of the day. I did my basic routine consisting of morning meditation and a yummy breakfast.

This morning I thought I would like to do something different, so I messaged my driver Wain Sutar to see if he could collect me and take me to a traditional market. He replied that he would be there at 9:30 a.m.. Then Susana and Keri called me to ask what my program was for today. I told them that my driver would collect me in one hour as I wanted to go shopping. Susana and Keri wanted to spend the day at the beach and asked if I would like to join them. I agreed, and told them that I knew one hidden beach without tourists where we could drive to. They were super happy. I asked Wain Sutar if he could take us to the beach. Luckily he had time. He collected me and then we drove to collect Susana, Keri and their friend Shane at the Hotel.
(Don’t forget to check out the Keri , wildlyaliveretreats and follow her).

It took around 1 and a half hours to drive to this hidden beach from Ubud.

Finally, we arrived at our destination and felt so excited. We had to go through a small jungle and climb a little hill to get there. The way down was a bit scary, but totally worth it. The beach was so incredibly beautiful. Truly? It was like the one in the Leonardo DiCaprio movie “Beach”. I think that from the very first moment we saw this beach, we all felt like we were in a dream. Simply perfect.

We spent all day until sunset down there and loved every moment. We drank fresh coconut juice, ate classic Balinese fried noodles and rice, swam with beautiful fishes and enjoyed every second.

When the sun had almost gone down, we decided to climb back up the hill and go back to Ubud. I have to admit that I was a bit scared to go up. Out of nowhere it was so dark and we had only torches, no phone signal and only a little life in our phone batteries. Along the way we met a few lizards. Our short time of stress finally ended and once again we had a smile on our faces. We made it to the top without injury.

Wain Sutar could not collect us in the evening so we asked another driver. Unfortunately, this brought about unexpected complications. The driver texted us at 4 p.m. to say he couldn’t collect us, but we didn’t have a phone signal so we never saw the message. The problem was that this location was virtually uninhabited, so we decided to follow the road down and hoped to find someone who could help us. After 25 minutes of walking we saw one house with the lights on. We went in. A Balinese family was living there. They couldn’t speak English very well, but they offered to let us stay in their house until morning. We didn’t want to impose on them so we just asked if they could drive us to Ubud. They gave as water and told us to wait a moment. We waited about 30 minutes and after that, someone arrived. He spoke quite good English and he told us that he would drive us back to Ubud. Our nervousness faded and we felt happy and relaxed again.

At 9 p.m. we arrived in Ubud. I went to my hotel, had a shower, changed my clothes and went back to the center of Ubud where I met the girls for dinner and afterwards joined the evening festival. We were dancing, talking, laughing and enjoying every second of our perfect day!

The next part of my solo trip to Bali story is coming up in my next blog post! Be patient and stay with me through my solo Bali travel experiences! In my next post I will tell you more about the Bali Spirit Festival.

Subscribe To YogaFantasy Newsletter

Made with love

My solo trip to Bali – Part four

My solo trip to Bali – Part five